Facts About 7-Eleven
This is a list of facts about the 7-Eleven company and their brand of convenience stores. This list is facts is for entertainment purposes only. Do not use these facts to inform investment decisions about the 7-Eleven Company.
- The name of the store is derived from the hours of operation of the first locations, 7pm to 11pm. Very quickly came the realization that more profits could be had by staying open for more that 4 hours at a time. Now most locations are open 24 hours.
- The founder of the chain was 7 feet 11 inches tall.
- In the early days the stores were all manned by child laborers, ages 7-11.
- In an effort to be convenient and at the same time not come across as "a little too convenient" they pledge to have 7 out of the eleven items you need most at any given moment.
- Habitual consumption of taquitos and pizza rolls will reduce your life expectancy by 7-11 years.
- The average number of gunshots wounds for night attendants ranges from 7 to eleven depending on the State.
- Out of every eleven items sold, seven are a pack of cigarettes.
- The cost of the items in the store are higher than normal supermarket prices by 7 to 11 percent.
- The formula for a slurpee is 7 parts ice eleven parts flavored syrup.
- The name "7-11" translates easily and directly into virtually every known language, including Klingon.
- In English speaking countries large groups of people are impressed by the fact that the number 7 rhymes with the number 11. These people are called Hillbillies.
- The telephone area code prefix for Slurpeeville, USA is 711.
- Happy hour lasts for one minute twice a day, at 7:11 am and 7:11 pm. On military bases there is only one per day occurring at 07:11, a fact that lowers moral in every branch of the Armed Services.